Packing an Overnight Bag for the First Night in Your New Home
It is important to pack an overnight bag for the first night in your new home. After a hard day of moving, you will most likely be tired and will have no desire (or energy) to unpack everything right away. Having that overnight bag will give you everything you need for the first night right on hand and give you a chance to rest and unpack in a more organized and better rested frame of mind.
It is important to include what you will need but not too much or too little. A duffle bag or mid-sized suitcase should be just right.
Decide what you personally will need. While this will be different for everyone, there are number of common things. Remember, you will not have your furnishings (beds especially) set up or your goods unpacked just yet. Here is a sample packing list:
- Change of clothes (at least one per person)
- Paper plates
- Disposable silverware
- Paper napkins
- 1-2 Garbage bags
- Toilet paper and tissues
- Bed sheets and blankets
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, makeup, etc.)
- Any medications
- If you happen to have an air mattress, it would be nice to put that in the car in addition to the bag.
VERY IMPORTANT – NEVER put the bag or bags (depending on the number of people moving) in the moving van. Put them into your car. It would also be a good idea to save the bag for last when packing your car. That makes it easy to get to it when you arrive at your new home.
Having an overnight bag will help you be relaxed and rested and ready to set up your new home stress-free.
- Tips for A Safe and Successful Lab Move
- Moving Public School and University Facilities
- 7 Reasons to Outsource Your Warehousing Operations
- Facility Changes and Updates – Should You Outsource These?
- Sustainability in the Moving Industry
- Protecting Your Shipments – How to Inspect & Accept Freight & Cargo Valuation