Items That Cannot or Should not be Transported
It is illegal and unsafe for us to transport items that are flammable or explosive. We can move ordinary household cleaners, except for liquid bleach and aerosol items.
Some examples of items that cannot be moved include:
- Propane tanks
- Gas canisters
- Nail polish remover
- Paints and paint thinners
- Automotive repair and maintenance chemicals
- Oxygen bottles
Items not recommended for van transport include:
- Food in glass jars and perishable foods
- Prescription drugs needed for immediate use
- Personal items or valuables such as:
- Collections (e.g., coins)
- Important personal papers (e.g., deeds, wills)
- Negotiable papers (e.g., bonds, stocks, certificates)
- Moving documents
- Plants – We do not move plants on a long distance move
If you have any questions, please contact your Sterling Account Manager.
- Sustainability in the Moving Industry
- Protecting Your Shipments – How to Inspect & Accept Freight & Cargo Valuation
- 12 Things to Consider of When Moving a Manufacturing Facility
- How to Pick a Reputable Moving Company
- What is LTL Shipping and How Can it Help my Business?
- What Housing Market Will You Find When Moving to Florida?