Mid-Senior Level Staff Accountant
Sterling Corporation is a leading provider of specialty transportation, logistic and warehousing services for national and international corporations. Sterling’s success over the last 60 years is directly related to its commitment to providing the highest quality service to our customers.
• Facilitate monthly close for multi company organization
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and maintain supporting schedules
• Enter necessary closing and adjusting journal entries
• Administer intercompany transactions
• Process bi-weekly payroll for multiple divisions
• Responsible for 401k compliance, reporting and assist with yearly audit
• Maintain workers comp reporting and assist with yearly audit
• Provide support for Accounts Payable including vendor and contractor maintenance, as needed
• Other duties/projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Strong organizational + attention to detail skills
• Problem-solving ability + great follow up tenacity
• Capability to find and identify system weaknesses and propose new workflow solutions
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an ever evolving /growing team
• Takes initiative and seeks additional training or direction when needed
• Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking/understanding English.
• Effective communication, including verbal + written, problem solving and relationship building skills
• Professional, courteous, and effective disposition for nurturing business development, customer, supplier, team, and other business relationships
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines; a go-getter willing to take on new tasks and projects as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years accounting/finance experience
• Strong understanding of GAAP and financial statement review/preparation
• 2+ years full cycle payroll experience, preferably with ADP platform
• 5+ year full charge accounting system, Great Plains (MS Dynamics GP) a plus
• Prior involvement with multi-faceted organization with different divisions/companies
Those applicants who do not include salary requirements will not be considered.
Sterling Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
We strive to make Sterling a good place to work. To eligible employees, we offer a variety of benefits including; medical insurance, 401k match, paid holidays, and vacation time.
Sterling is an equal opportunity employer Sterling is an equal opportunity employer.