(Non-exempt hourly, 30-40 hours/week)
Sterling Corporation is a leading provider of specialty transportation, logistic and warehousing services for national and international corporations. Sterling’s success over the last 60 years is directly related to its commitment to providing the highest quality service to our customers.
- Strong focus on customer billing and collections
- Collaborate w/Sales Department, Finance team + customers to maintain accurate records of accounts receivable
- Assist w/processing customer payments via check, ACH + credit card
- Revenue classification and job profitability tracking/analysis
- Monitor AR inbox + follow up on outstanding billing corrections/issues/discrepancies.
- Completion of Supplier Forms for new customers
- Maintain AR documentation and electronic filing system
- Develop strategies to enhance/improve cash collection, account resolution and remain consistent w/follow up
- Additional finance, sales support and administrative tasks as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Strong organizational + attention to detail skills
- Problem-solving ability + great follow up tenacity
- Capability to find and identify system weaknesses and propose new workflow solutions
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an ever-evolving /growing team
- Takes initiative and seeks additional training or direction when needed
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking/understanding English, including alphabetizing
- Excellent writing, grammar and presentation skills
- Effective communication, including verbal + written, problem solving and relationship building skills
- Proficient with typing, navigating/operating Windows PC + web browsers
- Professional, courteous and effective disposition for nurturing business development, customer, supplier, team and other business relationships
- Performs verifying or recording tasks which require the ability to make mathematical computations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines; a go-getter willing to take on new tasks and projects as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business administration, accounting or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years proven experience as billing coordinator or similar accounting/bookkeeping position for small/medium size service company
- Accounting software (ERP systems and/or Great Plains is a plus)
- Knowledge of MS Suite ie Word, Excel, Outlook
Sterling Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume with salary requirements to: HR@sterlingmail.com.
Those applicants who do not include salary requirements will not be considered.